We had a good weekend. Busy but good. Saturday morning we [stupidly?] decided to brave the craziness and congestion that is Cool Springs at Christmastime and surprisingly it wasn’t so bad. We ate breakfast at Chick-fil-A, went to the mall and then decided to throw caution to the wind and go to Walmart. We rarely go to the mall (besides the one we work near – and then it is just me and Phillip) so it was an adventure of sorts. Phillip bought new tennis shoes with Christmas money from my parents, I found some good deals at Gap and Ellen had fun frolicking through various stores touching anything and everything within her reach. We ended up spending a lot longer there than we had planned so by the time we hit up Walmart it was touch and go. But luck was on our side and it wasn’t super crowded and Ellen was in a happy/helpful mood so we got groceries and other odds and ends in record time. We also walked right up the check out lane without having to wait in line, which never happens. We had a late lunch at home and then it was time to work on a “project” I had been dreading/putting off (even more so than cleaning out the closet in the nursery)… haul in all of the baby stuff from the garage and sort through it. Yay! Not really but we did it and now it is one less thing I have to think about. Phillip was the heavy lifter. He brought in 3 boxes of books, 3 huge (possibly the largest they make) Rubbermaid bins and a couple of regular sized Rubbermaid bins. All of the baby clothes are stored under the beds upstairs so this was everything else… toys, stuffed animals, bottles, sippy cups, more toys, puzzles, tons of miscellaneous baby gear and of course, books. Oh the memories! Ellen had a blast playing with all of her old toys. We organized the best we could, lack of space considering, and put a few things back in the garage that we don’t need quite yet. And by organize I don’t mean found a place for everything, but we did make great progress and I can live with that. That evening Ellen and I went to her “baking party”. I was worn out, I think she was too (all of that shopping and playing and she didn’t take a nap), but we had fun. Sunday was church, lunch, Target, naps (I'm becoming a pro) and then dinner and presents with Kendra and Laurie. Kendra brought us, well me, a large tin of her homemade sugar cookies… candy canes, Christmas trees and snowflakes (delicious works of art!). We exchanged gifts and then let Ellen open a few things from us (Penguin Happy Napper and Tinker Bell nightgown being her favorites). She went to bed about an hour and a half later than normal but thankfully she woke up Monday morning in good spirits. She just has a 3-day school week but I didn’t want her to start it off sleep deprived.
Andrea, Caleb, Ashling and Cade will be here tomorrow. The house is not ready, the groceries are not all purchased, the cherry cheese pie has not been made and the presents are not all wrapped (almost but not quite). We like to live life on the edge around here. Ha! We have a plan to get it all done tonight but I am trying not to stress it. I haven’t been feeling well the past few days so my standards aren’t quite as high as they normally would be. I’m aiming for controlled chaos.
I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow afternoon. I know it is only wishful, possibly delusional, thinking but if Dr. Barnett happens to say it’s time, I won’t make a fuss. I don’t know why at this early date I am even allowing myself to have these thoughts, it could be the "you're huge" and other such comments I hear daily, but I am physically ready to have this baby. And based on her kicking, poking, prodding and jabbing, I think she is ready too. If memory serves me correctly, Lilly is a lot more active than Ellen was. She is definitely making her presence known, especially at night when I lay on my right side.
Christmas seems so close yet so far away. I can’t wait for Sunday morning to get here!
No comments:
Post a Comment