Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dad is here!

Granddaddy's little helper
Tea Party

We are having a great visit with my Dad/Granddaddy. He arrived yesterday afternoon and Ellen immediately started showing him all of her toys. I guess she really took it to heart when we told her that Granddaddy was coming and he was going to play with her. She is so happy he is here. We met Phillip at Chuy's for dinner (very good, great waitress), played at Toys R Us and then went to church. Dad gave Ellen a Barbie mermaid on the way home and it was a big hit. She slept with her last night and there was a lot of hair brushing going on this morning. Today we ate breakfast, read books, played with a new tea party set from Mom and Dad and then went to Dollar Tree, Ross and Kohl's. I got Easter Eggs for Kite Day (at church later this month) and Dad got Ellen some cute white church shoes for spring/summer. After a quick lunch Ellen took a nap and Dad and I got a head start on dinner prep for the chicken spaghetti. Dad also work in our yard - trimmed the bushes and trees. It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon despite the rainy and overcast morning. We ate dinner once Phillip got home and then played with Ellen's dollhouse for a while before bath and bedtime. Ellen was very restless and I didn't think she was ever going to fall asleep! We watched Survivor and The Office in between checking the basketball scores. Wake lost this afternoon but hopefully Duke will play well. Looking forward to having Phillip home with us tomorrow. He supposedly took off because Dad is here but it also happens to be the ACC tournament... I smell a rat.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...