Ellen's first flight went well because... she slept! She started to whine when we walked on the plane but once we sat down and got settled, she fell asleep within about 5 minutes. I think it helped that we sat next to a really nice lady, Dawn, and she and I talked the whole flight - I mean, the entire time! It was great. Dawn, wherever you are, I am so thankful for you. The flight back was a little different. Ellen turned into a crying, squirmy worm who could not be quiet or still. And when did she start saying "candy"? The M&M's I had did help a little, but the colored drool was quite a mess. We read books and put stickers in a notebook. I was even singing to her - nothing seemed to work. We did sit next to a nice girl, but we did not really talk (Dawn??? Where were you when I needed you?). Ellen kept swinging her arm over and touching the girl's arm and her magazine. She was also pushing against the seat in front of us, a lot. I can't even put into words what all happened, but it was as if all my worst fears came true! Thankfully she did not poop - that may have put me over the edge. I am so glad Phillip will be with me when we fly to Florida in June. My nerves can't take two bad flight experiences so close together.
Despite the hecticness of travel, Ellen and I had a good trip. We had lots of time together and it was great seeing my family. My mom taught Ellen's Sunday School class and then we stayed downstairs for Kids For Christ (we broke the 2 year old rule, but I was with her and helped out with the other toddlers). Ellen and Ashling didn't always get along, but I think it is their ages. Once Ellen is a little older they will be great playmates.
We are really looking forward to our vacation - only a few weeks away. Mom, Dad, Andrea (and growing baby boy), Caleb, Ashling and me, Phillip and Ellen... should be fantastic! Fun fact: Andrea was pregnant with Ashling last time we all went to Florida. It will be Ellen's first time at the beach and the 3 of us will be at Magic Kingdom for my 30th birthday. We will also be together for Father's Day and Andrea's birthday. June is a great month for so many reasons. A lot of special people were born in June :)
2 comments:
have fun on your vacation!! i wish we could go to disney!
Sounds like Ellen did great! Sorry the flight home was more difficult, but you seem prepared. I need to touch bases with you about Florida... I had to move my flight a few days and I think it's going to interfere with our original plan. Let me know the exact dates you'll be in Florida, and I'll see if there's a way I can still come see you, even if I have to drive all the way to the east coast!
Post a Comment