Friday, March 13, 2009

What name do you answer to?

When I picked Ellen up from daycare yesterday (a rare treat for me since Phillip almost always picks her up due to our schedules), I discovered that Ellen does not respond to her teachers when they call her "Ellen"... she only answers to McCullough. They do say last names a lot at her school and apparently she prefers McCullough. At home she still lets us call her Ellen :)

I actually asked them about this yesterday because when we get ready to put her coat on her, she always says "Culla". So I figured they must call the kids by first and last or just last name when getting them ready to go outside... which they do, but that is when I was told about her only answering to McCullough. I find this quite humorous.

Also, usually Ellen says "mommy" a million times on the drive home from school... but this week, she started saying "cookie" all the way home. I have been replaced. I love cookies so I am not too jealous, but I don't want her to love cookies that much! Unfortunately for Phillip, he has to listen to her repeat the same word all the way home. Sorry!

2 comments:

Lovely life of Jennie said...

Aw I love it! When I see her I will call her McCulough! Miss you guys!

Diane said...

That is a FUNNY story! I'm glad she lets you call her Ellen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...